We recognize that COVID-19 is still an issue worldwide with devastating consequences. Our team shares the deepest concern for those affected either directly or indirectly by the ongoing threat of COVID-19. We hope that you and your family are safe and well. The availability of vaccines makes us hopeful. When you are ready to travel again, everyone at Yok Ha Resort will do our upmost to ensure your safety and health and to provide a much-needed respite.
Here we provide authentic connections to nature, starting with our design. At Yok Ha Resort, we practice social distancing naturally with just five (6) cabins on a private island, what better distancing can you ask for? All of our spaces are open to fresh air and warm Caribbean breezes. Our first priority, as it has always been, is the continued wellness and safety of our guests and employees. For increased health and safety, we have also implemented a number of additional measures including mask wearing, enhanced cleaning, and reminders to socially distance, etc…
We abide by the Belize Government’s travel guidelines and COVID-19 protocols.
- Download the Belize Health App and complete required information within 72 hours of your flight.
- Take a COVID-19 PCR test within 4 days of travel.
- Testing requirement can be waived if you bring proof of full immunization completed at least 2 weeks before travel.
Upon Arrival in Belize
- Disembark plane and proceed to Hospitality Meet & Greet.
- Wear a mask!
- Maintain social distancing.
- Sanitize hands.
- Proceed to Health Screening and Testing.
- Verify certified COVID-19 PCR test.
NOTE: Anyone with a positive COVID-19 PCR test will be required to quarantine at his or her Gold Standard hotel (at his or her own expense) until the Ministry of Health gives clearance.
- Proceed to Customs & Immigration.
Immigration & Customs
- Immigration check.
- Maintain 6 feet social distancing.
- Proceed to baggage claim.
- Proceed to customs for screening.
- Proceed to air or land connections.
Upon Arrival at YOK HA Resort
- After being greeted, all guests must have a temperature check.
- Check-in daily with Belize Health App.*
* If guest show symptoms, the Ministry of Health activates and tests.
* Guest may be placed in quarantine. Quarantine will limit the guest to their room.
* Guest may depart only upon health clearance by the Ministry of Health.
- Healthy guests may continue with their vacation plans following the guidelines.
- Guests must return to and remain at the resort from 6 pm to 7 am.
- Restaurant furniture, and lounge chairs are spaced to a minimum of 6 ft.
- All must wear masks in public areas, vehicles and boats per the Ministry of Health guidelines. Employees are required to wear masks at all times.
- Baggage will be brought to your room porch. Employees will not enter your sanitized room.
- While in the restaurant and bar, guests must wear a mask unless eating or drinking.
- For guest convenience and comfort, we have expanded our outdoor seating areas to provide for more spacious accommodations.
- We have implemented digital check-ins and express in-room checkouts for safety and convenience.
- Gloves and Masks have been added to resort staff uniforms and are available for guests
- We provide for a contact free check-in.
- Please let us know if you would like housekeeping services during your stay as we will not enter your room without your permission.
- Common areas, amenities, vehicles, and tour equipment are disinfected daily or after each use
- An extended window between checkouts and arrivals to ensure a deep clean after every stay
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the property
For travelers from the USA: As of Jan 26th 2021, the Center of Disease Control and Prevention requires that all passengers arriving in the United States will require a negative COIVD-19 test. If you will be returning to the United States, prior to your departure we can assist with making arrangements for a rapid antigen test that will comply with this CDC requirement.
NOTE: These guidelines may change. Please check back frequently for updated information!
We recognize that some of these guidelines may seem onerous and uncomfortable. They are in place to ensure the safety and health of all our guests and resort employees. Despite these additional measures, we will continue to provide our gracious hospitality with small intimate experiences. We can all continue to grow and find deep meaning in travel.
Should you have any questions, please contact our reservations staff at email@example.com or 1-954-284-6751