The only country in Central America where English is the official language, Belize is a tiny country with a huge coastline on the Caribbean Sea and hundreds of beautiful tropical islands.
Experience The Best Belize Vacation
Ideal for vacationers wanting to relax on the beach and enjoy a swim or snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean, Belize is also a popular destination for adventure travelers who want to dive the Belize Blue Hole, hike through wildlife sanctuaries, and zip line through a tropical rainforest. Visitors to Belize can savor a sumptuous range of delicious dishes crafted from the country’s unique blend of indigenous populations and sip on delicious cocktails made with fresh local ingredients. Belizeans are internationally known for their friendly, laid-back and welcoming smiles that quickly make every visitor feel right at home.
Things Not to Miss in Belize
With so many options to choose from, it is difficult to select a list of must-see destinations in Belize. Some of the top attractions include:
- The Belize Barrier Reef – One of the most ecologically diverse areas of the world, hundreds of amphibian, fish, and marine mammal species inhabit the reef along with a colorful rainbow of undersea flora.
- Gladden Spit Marine Reserve – A specially protected area of the southern Belize Barrier Reef, the reserve gives snorkelers and divers a unique chance to dive with migrating whale sharks, the largest fish on the planet.
- Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave – The Actun Tuchnil Muknal cave is one of Belize’s largest, used for centuries by Maya priests to conduct their most sacred sacrifices and ceremonies.
- Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary – A hiker’s paradise, the sanctuary spans hundreds of square miles that are home to native fauna like Baird’s tapir, crocodiles, and jaguars.
- The Belize Blue Hole – One of the greatest natural wonders of the world, the Blue Hole offers experienced divers a unique opportunity to explore a hauntingly beautiful series of underwater caverns.
When to Go to Belize
The weather is pleasant and balmy all year-round in Belize thanks to its location. The year is divided into a green (May to November) and dry season (December to April), although during the green season showers are usually limited to a few hours at night and early mornings.
See also: Belize Holidays
Where to Stay in Belize
The gorgeous island of Waterfoot Caye is home to Yok Ha, a spectacular Belize Island Resort. A privately-owned three-acre gem in the Caribbean Sea just eight miles from the town of Dangriga, Yok Ha offers guests the opportunity to experience a tropical island getaway. With just six cabanas, Yok Ha provides guests an intimate getaway complete with a full range of services, including an onsite gourmet bar and beachfront restaurant.
Located just minutes away from both the Belize Barrier Reef and the mainland, Yok Ha is an ideal base of operations to explore the best that Belize has to offer. Yok Ha offers guests a number of all inclusive Belize vacation packages and guided tours to the most exciting destinations in the country.
Belize Vacations: Explore the best of Belize
Choose to stay in the “Beautiful Lady” (Loa) a secluded cabana with its own private deck. You will only be seen if and when you want to. Your outside shower, in addition to the standard bathroom, is nestled in natural vegetation a romantic setting of candles andLearn more