Belize Wedding Requirements
Requirements for Getting Married in Belize
Before planning your Belize destination wedding check out the requirements for getting married in Belize then let us help you plan your dream wedding on our private island.
- Bride and groom must be in the country three (3) days prior to filing the petition of the license. All required documents must be original documents, but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable.
- For those who aren’t in the country for three days, it is possible to apply for a Special License (for an additional fee) and the form must be signed by both applicants, verified by affidavit, and accompanied by the applicants’ identity documents (i.e. certified copies of applicants’ birth certificate, passport, etc.). All documents required must be original documents, but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable.
- Application forms are obtained at Yok Ha Resort.
- Completed forms along with the items in the following list must be presented to General Registry or Solicitor General.
- Identification Documents – All documents required must be original documents but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable.
- Citizenship – No residency requirement.
- Marital status – Original or certified copy with lifted seal of divorce or death certificates must be presented if divorced or widowed.
- Witnesses – Two witnesses, can include hotel staff
- Proof that both parties are above age 18 years.
- The wedding ceremony will be performed by a senior justice of the peace at Yok Ha Resort. Please note that the application form is to be submitted to the Registry Office, in Belize City on a business day (Monday to Friday).
If approved, your license will be ready within 2 working days. The ceremony can be performed the following day the license is received.
Contact us today for more information on our Belize island destination weddings!