Belize is known for some of the best scuba diving in the world because of the Barrier Reef, but it’s also known to be a great fishing spot. It’s not just deep sea fishing either. There are fish in the lagoons, mouths of jungle rivers, near the reef and beyond. You’ll also find lobsters off the coast of Belize too. Don’t spend your valuable time hunting for the fish, go to the best place in Belize at Water Foot Caye – Yok Ha Resort. There you will find professionals who KNOW where the fish are and will help you catch them. The guides also speak English.
:• Transportation to Yok Ha from Dangriga to the resort and return
• Ocean front cabana
• Welcome bottle of wine
• Three meals, with lunch included on tours
• Kayaks (free)
• Housekeeping services daily
• Park entrance fees
• Your guide, fishing boat, and fuel for each dayWhat kind of fish can you catch?
Belize has a wide assortment of fish that will please any angler. Although bonefish aren’t fit to eat because they are too bony, you’ll find them in shallow water and you can use either a fly or lure to catch them. They are especially prevalent near Water Foot Caye and anglers come from all parts of the world for Belize’s bonefish. Permit fish is another popular fish found in Belize and has become the capital for permit fishing in the world. Other prevalent fish found off the coast in Belize are:
• Tarpon – best fishing time is summer (June, July, and August)
• Marlin – best fishing time is February to April and September to November
• Bonefish – best fishing time September through January
• Barracuda, snapper, grouper, and jacks – year round near the reef
• Snooks, tarpon, jacks – year round near estuaries and rivers
• Sailfish, marlin, pompano, and bonito – year round in deep waters
• Lobster – March 15th to July 14th
Since the climate is neo-tropical, the water temperatures are mild year-round and salt water fly fishing has become extremely popular in Belize. You will need a fishing license whether you’re in a boat or fishing from shore.
With Yok Ha Resort located on a private island on Water Foot Caye, just about eight miles east of Dangriga, it offers an excellent start to your fishing expedition – you’re getting a head start on fishing than you would from the mainland. The resort is beautiful and secluded, perfect for a romantic get-away or just to relax. Their over the water restaurant is an unbelievable experience to have a burger or meal. Or just relax at the bar with a glass of wine or beer. The view looking out to sea is breath taking!
So – pack your bags and head for an incredible experience to fish in Belize. Stay at Yok Ha Resort where you’ll be treated like royalty and the guides are expert at finding the fish!