Sick and tired of making wedding-related decisions? Let us help. There is no better destination than Belize because low population density means you won’t holiday in a place overrun with every other vacationing couple on the planet. Sure, there are plenty of all-inclusive resorts around, but can they deliver the privacy, intimacy and romance you seek? Not likely.
Here are 10 reasons a honeymoon in Belize never disappoints.
1. Everyone speaks English. Who wants to be tied to a phone translation app or guide day and night? Your requests for directions, food and information won’t be misunderstood because Belize is the only English-speaking nation in Central America. Currency conversion woes? No way. Your U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere.
2. It’s picture-postcard perfect. Many opportunities to stroll solitary beaches, roam jungles, photograph sunsets and explore markets and ruins await, so plan to collect Technicolor memories that will stay with you for a lifetime. It’s okay to make friends and family jealous by e-mailing those photos home during your stay.
3. The food is awesome. It’s a bit Creole. A bit Mayan. Spanish-influenced dishes abound. Sample the Ceviche, pork cooked in underground pits and refreshing Belizean beers and wines. Even beans and rice taste like no version of this staple you’ve ever eaten. Don’t look for McDonald’s or Burger King–there are no fast food chains in Belize.
4. Belize is close. Paris is romantic, but who wants to spend half a day getting to Europe only to be jet-lagged for the next few? You might not even have to adjust your wristwatch, so from the moment you arrive, you’ll have energy to explore (or not). Regular flights on major airlines leave for Belize daily, so pack some shorts and you’re good to go.
5. Privacy reigns. It’s not up to us to tell you how to spend your honeymoon in Belize, but since this country has a tiny population and plenty of uninhabited off shore islands offering complete privacy, you can let your imagination run wild. Swim under waterfalls, hike jungles or go caving. If you can dream it, there’s a place to make fantasies real.
6. Resorts are idyllic. One all-inclusive Belize venue to consider is Yok Ha, designed with lovers in mind. Located on a private island eight miles east of Dangriga, there are only five deluxe cabanas on premises so you can forget about neighbors. Everything is at your fingertips or in close proximity for one package price.
7. Yes, you can afford Yok Ha. What’s typically included in a package? A luxury air-conditioned beachfront cabana with private deck, airport pickup and return, candlelight dining, a bottle of welcome wine, free use of snorkel and kayak gear and more. If your budget is really tight, why not come during low season (June to December)?
8. Care for the environment. Just because you’re honeymooning doesn’t mean you can forget Mother Earth. Belize is an environmentally-aware nation that prioritizes energy-efficient systems like solar and wind power. That’s why Leonardo DiCaprio is building his eco-friendly resort in Belize. Wait until you see how many animal sanctuaries await you two!
9. Belize resorts are safe. Not every country can make that claim, which is why traveling to Mexico resorts, for example, means you could encounter military in the vicinity on duty to keep tourists safe. Venues like Yok Ha are secluded, off the beaten path and extremely safe, so you two can relax completely.
10. Experience the reef together. Honeymooning in an area that’s home to the Belize Barrier Reef puts the cherry atop your wedding cake. Rare coral species and sea life protected by law is so awe-inspiring, many honeymooners spend all of their time diving the reef when they’re not snuggling.
Traveling to Belize for your honeymoon? Let Yok Ha Island Resort help you plan your all inclusive Belize honeymoon vacation. Please email your questions to info[@]yokhabelizeresort.com.