Family vacations are a unique opportunity to get away from the hectic demands of modern life and get a chance to see the world. One of the best places for fun family adventures is the English-speaking Central American nation of Belize.
Below are 10 reasons why you should take your family vacation this summer in Belize:
- The beautiful nature – The pristine landscape simply has to be seen to believed – Belize has some of the most beautiful beaches, coral reefs, and lush jungles in the world.
- Affordable – Unlike crowded touristy spots elsewhere in the Caribbean, Belize offers real value for your money.
- Educational opportunities – Whether you and your family want to practice your Spanish, learn about the Ancient Maya culture, or see a different slice of life, Belize has it all.
- Perfect weather – All year-round the weather is warm with plenty of abundant sunshine and refreshing Caribbean breezes.
- Plenty to do for the whole family – Bigger kids will love the snorkeling, deep sea fishing, gawking at monkeys and climbing ancient Mayan cities and the little ones can enjoy splashing in the Caribbean Sea, goggling at tropical birds and sampling delicious Belizean food.
- Everyone speaks English – English is the official language of Belize and widely spoken throughout the country.
- The locals – One of the warmest, most welcoming people anywhere on Earth, Belizeans are a lovely mixture of Creole, Mestizo, Maya, European, and Garifuna peoples who love visitors.
- The Maya – Modern Belize was once the heart of the Ancient Maya Empire and is home to dozens of amazing ruins complete with soaring pyramids and temples.
- Easy to get to – A number of American carriers have direct flights to Belize and the country is only a few short hours away from cities like Atlanta, Houston, and Miami.
- The money isn’t complicated – Belize has its own dollar which is permanently pegged to the American dollar at 2 to 1. You’ll never have to struggle with complicated exchange rates and American dollars are accepted everywhere throughout the country.
Yok Ha Island Resort
Located just a few miles offshore from southern Belize, the privately-owned island of Waterfoot Caye is home to Yok Ha Island Resort. With just five deluxe cabanas and a small support staff, Yok Ha is an amazing place for family vacations.