Belize Beach Weddings
Imagine Your Belize Destination Wedding at Yok Ha Island Resort
When it’s time to plan a wedding and tie the knot in a spectacular location, Belize offers a pristine environment that feels like paradise. With the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters, it makes for one of the most beautiful locations in the world. Both the bride and groom can enjoy the simplicity of planning a destination wedding in a prime location that will make for a memorable event with the help of a professional staff. From the stunning backdrops to the welcoming culture, there are several benefits to planning a beach wedding in Belize.
Yok Ha which is located in Water Foot Caye in Southern Belize is one of the most popular resorts to book a wedding in Central America/Caribbean. Located on a private island, guests can enjoy attending a wedding that is low-key and intimate for an incredible way of escaping to a secluded location. The island spans over three acres and is conveniently located just eight miles east of Dangriga, making it easy for guests to travel to the destination.
Additional privacy can also be enjoyed both before and after the wedding with five separate cabanas that offer sea views throughout the stay.
Belize Wedding Package Includes:
- All Administration, Government Taxes, and Handling Fees
- Marriage License Fee
- All expenses for a Minister or Priest to perform wedding ceremony
- Professional Wedding Photographer
- Bridal Bouquet of flowers
- Single layer Wedding Cake & a Bottle of Champagne
- Bride and groom must be in the country three (3) days prior to filing the petition of the license. All documents required must be original documents, but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable.
- For those who aren’t in the country for three days, it is possible to apply for a Special License (for an additional fee) and the form must be signed by both applicants, verified by affidavit, and accompanied by the applicants’ identity documents (i.e. certified copies of applicants’ birth certificate, passport, etc.). All documents required must be original documents, but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable.
- Application forms are obtained at Yok Ha Resort.
- Completed forms along with the items in the following list must be presented to General Registry or Solicitor General.
- a) Identification Documents – All documents required must be original documents but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable.
- b) Citizenship – No residency requirement.
- c) Marital status – Original or certified copy with lifted seal of divorce or death certificates must be
- d) presented if divorced or widowed.
- e) Witnesses – Two witnesses, can include hotel staff
- f) Proof that both parties are above age 18 years.
The wedding ceremony will be performed by a senior justice of the peace at Yok Ha Resort. Please note that the application form is to be submitted to the Registry Office, in Belize City on a business day (Monday to Friday).
If approved, your license will be ready within 2 working days. The ceremony can be performed the following day the license is received.
Contact us today for more information on our Belize weddings!
Belize Vacation Packages
Choose to stay in the “Beautiful Lady” (Loa) a secluded cabana with its own private deck. You will only be seen if and when you want to. Your outside shower, in addition to the standard bathroom, is nestled in natural vegetation a romantic setting of candles andLearn more